Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sam Cook

i will admit that while ten years seem to have slipped mysteriously by, it also feels like it has been longer than that in some respects...i feel older, but i don't know how much older i act. heh.
actually, i have no real things to brag about. i just got my bachelors degree in horticulture in may, i am single, have no little ones running around under my busy feet, and i am working an internship/seasonal job while i apply for graduate school to continue the seemingly endless ordeal of feeling smart enough to throw myself out into the world of trying to prove myself to my respectable colleagues. so...that's where i am at.
i haven't grown a single inch in height since i graduated, i may have even lost half of one. i can't grow my hair out long like i used to because it is too thin on top, and i am totally okay with that. i can grow a pretty wicked beard now, which is nice in the winter. i can play the guitar quite moderately adequately. i can talk to strangers without crying, and i now usually wear my clothes right-side out. i have come a long way.
i have been to three continents of my final life-time goal of all seven (if there are still seven by that time...look what happened to poor pluto! anything could happen.) i have been in a band (it was years ago and now i am just a has-been wannabe). i have tried to enjoy as many new experiences as i can. anyway...i am good and that is good. they asked me to write something and i can't think of anything else i really want to say so....that is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, another single person! Cheers to the 3 of us who didn't get married (cause that's what your 30's are for) Didn't I see you at the Silverchair concert with Weston? Good times.

Nakki said...

Yeah! You finally posted something! That in it self is an accomplishment! Way to go Sam! lol

geoffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

Wow Sam. I had a hard time believing that was you. I even got out the yearbook to compare. Hope to see you at the reunion, seems like it's been forever.