Monday, July 14, 2008

Ryan & Carisa (Huntington) Mann

Well I do officially feel old. After my 8 yr. old cousin explained to me what a MP3 player was, and I told her that they sound like Pocket Rockers we use to have in Elementary that we played Debbie Gibson's 'I Think We are Alone Now,' and she said, 'Debbie... Who? Pocket... What?' I guess that makes us old!

After High School I lived in St. George for 3 years. I graduation with my associates after 2 years but couldn't bear to leave the hot sun and stayed for another year working at a Pest Control Co. as their secretary. That was my hard earned associates degree being well paid off. After deciding I didn't want to talk to people everyday about their pest problems (no offensive to anyone in the biz) I decided to go to SUU and start my Early Childhood Development Program. I lived in Cedar City for a year where Ryan & I dated long distance. In November 2002, I finally became a Mann (I never thought I would say that). Ryan convinced me that EC wasn't all that bad, so we bought our first home in Cleveland. That was the end of my official training in Early Childhood Development, but I soon began a more personal endeavor. Soon after we were married, we had our first little girl named Madisyn, who now is 5. Madisyn is a perfect example of what Ryan would look like as a girl. She's beautiful! She is her daddy's little shadow. She, without blinking a eye at age 3 could tell you the whole process of killing, skinning, taking the meat from the bones, displaying the horns on the wall, and eating the meat of a deer. (I personally thought as her mother it was somewhat disturbing.) I now know what else could I expect with Ryan as her Father.

In 2005 we were blessed with twin boys, Parker & Ryker, who are now 2. They are really active, fun loving boys. Parker acts more like Ryan and Ryker acts a little more like me. They are big trouble makers together and on a daily basis I catch them trying to sneak out of the house. The saying, Two minds are greater than One, definitely came from a mother of twins!!!

After High School Ryan worked at a saw mill for a short time. After that, he began working for the coal mines where he has been ever since. He has worked for West Elk in Colorado, Genwal also known as Crandall Canyon, and currently West Ridge near East Carbon. In his short career he has had numerous job promotions and is currently the Long Wall Maintenance Foreman Coordinator. He is a very hard worker and continues to be one of the youngest bosses at the mine. Ryan is also quite the handyman, we just finished building our new home where he did a lot of the work himself. We enjoy spending our time camping, fishing, riding 4-wheelers, boating at the lake, golfing, and of course, Ryan enjoys hunting. It is so fun reading about everyone, look forward to seeing you in August.

8 comments:

nmg said...

So nice to hear about how well your doing! I can't believe that you had twins, crazy....

Lyndsay said...

Carisa, you're famous! I saw you on CNN during the Crandall Mine disaster. I had no idea bout your twins!
I was just barely thinking about that play that we all did in jr. high with all of the crazy names: Reagan, Lincoln, etc. You/we were so ahead of our time.

Nakki said...

They try to sneak out of the house? Where would they ever get an idea like that? Thier mother would NEVER do something like that! :) The family look good Crissy!!! lol

Ooh, ooh, Lynds, my name was Aura..what were yours? I forget. Such a brillant play.

nmg said...

I was just barely having a flash back to the "I think your alone now" dance people made up and that we would all do at dances. Am I correct in thinking that Cameron Winn was the main diabolic dance genius responsible.....

Carisa said...

Lynds, Hopefully that was my first and last moment of fame!!! I never was a public speaker, I'll leave that to you! I can't remember that play but I do recall the time we did a Staying Alive skit where we ended up eating someone and then topped it off with a tribal dance we learned from Jolene. Do you think our fellow classmates thought we were crazy!?!

So refresh my memory Aura, what was that play about?

Nichole, Cam was usually in charge of all our best dance routines!!!

nancy said...

See another set of twins. What play are you talking about Lyns?

You guys looks so cute Carisa. Sounds like you have had your hands full. My almost 3 year old likes to escape as well. Sad thing is he can't walk so I frequently pick him up crawling across rocks to get to the road. What is it about roads and boys?

Nakki said...

I have no idea what the play was about, but it was in Jr. High, 7th or 8th grade, and you, me, McKette, Lynds, and ? were in it. It was one we were suppose to write ourselves or something? It was a THRILLER/MYSTERY thought...ya, guess we never did get published!

Cammie said...

Hey Carissa! You guys are so cute. I can't wait to catch up, see you in a few weeks!