Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jennifer (Eden) Palmer

After graduation, I followed most of the pack, and went to CEU. I got married in March of 1999. In April of 2000, I had my first baby, Brayden. Two years later, Jerin came along, and 2 years following that I had my twins, Makayla and Kason. I looked pretty funny going to the grocery store with four kids ages 4 and under (including 2 newborns). I'm sure everyone in Wal-mart could hear us from across the store. Now they are 8, 6, and the twins are 4. It is much easier, and much less embarrassing, although we do get a few looks now and then with four kids who are so close together, but I love them, and wouldn't trade it for anything. They are well-behaved, wonderful kids (for the most part), andI am so proud of them.
In 2005, we bought a home in West Jordan, and I have enjoyed living in the area that I do.
Sometimes, though, we don't see what is around the corner, and life throws you a curve ball. Due to unforeseen circumstances, my marriage ended early 2007. I still live in my home in West Jordan, and now have the opportunity to meet and marry my true eternal companion. Although the situation was hard, I have learned and grown more than I thought possible in a short period of time, and I am grateful for the blessings in life that help us become who we are meant to be.
I now support myself by teaching piano lessons (I have 30 students), and babysitting. Some of the cuties that I babysit are Tara and Covy's kids.
My favorite memories of the EC are slow pitch softball nights - being afraid to play Black Market and Pepsi, hangin' out at Mark Monfredi's - listening to loud music & doing Maverik runs (boy, his parents werepatient), sampling all of the frozen yogurt and Maverik, leaving Castle Dale at 11:50, and driving 100 mph to try to get home to Cleveland by my 12:00 curfew, riding 4 wheelers in the mud, laughing so hard it hurt, and the amazing friends we had.

7 comments:

Steph said...

I have a Kason too who is also 4! You are a busy girl. Your kids are adorable.

nancy said...

what a awesome outlook on life. I love it. Sometimes life really does throw us for a loop. The outlook is so great!! Thanks for the update.. the kids and YOU look amazing

Cammie said...

Hey Jennifer!
You are an amazingly strong person, I admire your outlook on life and your determination. It sounds like things are going much better for you, and am so happy you have found your true soul mate. I hope to see you at the reunion, or sooner. Herriman isn't that far from West Jordan. My email: cpollastro@msn.com

Jen said...

Yeah, Cammie, I haven't yet MET my true soul mate, but some day.....Maybe when I'm 70, but that's o.k., too.

Mari said...

J, I know I'm not in your class so I'm crashing the party but I just had to comment on how cute you guys are! I've never seen Kason and Makayla. (Or Namkayla as we thought her name was for the first year of her life- that's what your dad told us :) They are so cute! I can't believe how big Brayden and Jerin are! It's good to hear a little from you.

Nakki said...

Man, who knew so many people would have twins! You're lookin' good J! To bad we can't all get together for a softball tourney reunion or something...now that would be fun :) Oh, and I LOVE that you mentioned Maverik runs! The Fro-Yo was staple!

Monica said...

J
Your kids are so Cute! It has been so long since I have seen you guys! Im excited to see ya at the reunion!! Thanks for being such an awesome friend!!