Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nacolynn Begay

Name: Nacolynn Begay
Current Residence: Costa Mesa, CA
Occupation: Environmental Geologist
Update: I've been living and working in Orange County for the last 3.5 years for an Environmental Consulting firm. I graduated from BYU in '03' in Environmental Geology. I loving living in So Cal, but could do without LA traffic at times. Aside from work, shopping, softball leagues, surfing, biking, and night life keep me busy 24/7.
Last EC Visit: Dec. 08 for my lil' bro's mission farewell
Favorite EHS Class: Photography w/Larry
Favorite EHS Memories:
*Cliff jumping @ Joe's Valley (I've still never managed to jump off the very top cliff, props to Lyndsay and April for showing me up that day and nearly escaping death).
*Covy's truck
*The desert
*V-ball camps
*Old friends
*"Creative" options for entertainment aka bonfires, gravity hill, Desby Dove (I think that's what its called, remember "finding" signs and being scared of seeing ghosts?).
*The boys making sure the car was working properly by always "checking the tires."

8 comments:

nmg said...

Wow! So someone is photogenic!! I think that it is super that you actually posted comments on peoples posts. Way to be a trend setter. What does an environmental geologist do?

Nakki said...

uh...thanks for the pic Lynds! I was still waiting on my glamour shots...but I guess this will have to do (but seriously, why the one with those bangs?)...

Nichole - What do I do? Basically remediation: soil, groundwater, air quality, etc. Anything from well installation (groundwater/soil vapor), production, and design to implementation of Phase II and environmental assessments and investigation...

nancy said...

Remediation? HUH! So do you spend all day looking at rocks and soil? Or on the beach surfing?

Sounds like lots of fun and you look so cute in your picture!

Nakki said...

N-I wish they paid me to surf! And I occasionally look at rocks and soil, there's more than just that ;) You can check us out at: www.cdm.com

Lyndsay said...

I LOVE this pic of Nacolynn. I'm not sure why I'm getting any flack from Ms. Begay.
Naco, I feel like our careers are in direct opposition to each other (I often dump contaminants in the soil during work hours). Your thoughts?

nmg said...

I think that Nacolynn should be thanking Lyndsay for a little something call job security.....I'm wondering if Nacolynn, Covy, and Landon have some type of secret plant/ground lovers club...

Nakki said...

Dear Lyndsay, yes, thank you for the job security (I'd also like to thank our forefathers for their extensive use of hazardous substances and carcinogenic materials...I'll have a job for life!). Perhaps you shouldn't of admitted your abuse of contaminants...that statement can and will be used against you in a court of law...

One time Covy and I stayed up really late catching large earth worms...does that count as a soil club? And Landon was often caught eating it,so...

Carisa said...

Nicki-Kay,
It's so good to hear what you have been up too. It's alitle hard doing that over the Taco stand while you are asking me if I want everything on that! We just moved this Spring and I a found a old box of our notes from junior high. It brought back so many memories of smarties, eggs, erasers, & cars. I don't think I should go into too much detail. I couldn't help but laugh. I couldn't read some of them because I forgot how to read our eygptian code. Hope to see you soon, Krissy-Aye