Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rebecca (Schade) Ouren

After graduation, I left for the big city (Salt Lake) to attend Westminster College. It was there that I met my wonderful husband Mike. He was also attending Westminster all the way from Omaha, Nebraska (but don’t hold that against him). We were married in May ’00 and he graduated from Westminster in ’01 with a Bachelors degree in ComputerScience. I followed him and graduated in ’02 with a Bachelors degree in Psychology. We bought a house in West Valley in ’02 and had our first son, Caleb, in November of ’03. This past April ’08 we had a set of twin boys, Zaric and Zaden who are now 3 months old. All 3 of which also were preemies and spent time in the NICU like Carly’s and Nancy’s boys. Although we lucked out and it wasn’t for nearly as long, but I can imagine what they went through.

After graduating from Westminster, I never left. I had a staff position in the Financial Aid Office which I enjoyed. I am still there and have worked my way up to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid. My husband works for a small company in Murray as a Technology Analyst and just finished his Masters degree in Professional Communication this past May.

Some of my fondest memories include lunch trip to Stewarts and Food Ranch, football games, bonfires, horse riding, FFA trips, 4 wheelers, playing softball (where we also feared playing Black Market and Pepsi), trips to the desert, all of the dances and being able to stay out late because our parents trusted the friends we were with. I also miss being able to leave doors unlocked and being able to walk into your friend’s houses whenever you wanted like you were family.

My days now consist of work, baby spit up, diaper changes, bottle feedings to be followed with dinosaurs, Hot wheels, cartoons, spiderman toys and book reading with Caleb, now 4. Sounds like I need to get some advice from Jennifer on surviving the first year with twins. For fun we like to play games, go on vacations, read, scrapbook and go camping (Iam slowly teaching Mike to love the mountains as much as I do).
We will most likely be at the reunion and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Seriously, how many of our class had twins? Geesh! Becca they are cute as buttons and any NICU stay is hard. Sounds like they are doing well.


Nancy

Becca said...

I am counting 3 so far. Do you know of any more? Your boy looks so sweet. Too bad you won't be able to make it to the reunion. You will be missed.