Monday, July 7, 2008

April (Sitterud) Bingham

First off, like everyone else I cannot BELIEVE that we have been out of high school for 10 years already. That makes me feel way too old. Anyhoo, the summer after graduation I met Nathan on a blind date set up by my cousin, afterwhich I thought he was a cocky jerk and figured I'd never see him again. Little did I know - after 3 years of dating he was able to convince me that he was only about 1/2 as cocky as I thought and not nearly as big of a jerk and we were married in January 2002. (I'm totally kidding - Nathan is both an awesome husband and a fantastic dad)

To backtrack a little, I kind of bounced around the state during my college years, spending my first year at Snow in the dorms (horrible advice from my sister) where I had a lot of fun hanging out with Covy, Landon, Jake, Nichole, & Matt Nelson. I wound up at CEU the next two years after that where I got by Associates degree. I then moved down to Cedar City the summer of 2001 to live with my sister and go to SUU. I had a blast working at a Shoney's Restaraunt there (and I'm STILL sad that it is now an IHOP), but didn't even manage to finish my first semester before Nathan popped the question and I moved back to Castle Dale to plan a wedding. Nathan and I lived in Price for a short time after getting married, and then moved to Logan (which we absolutely LOVED!) to finish up our degree's at Utah State. I graduated with a BS in Business Information Systems in 2004 (yeah, I was on the 6-year plan....) and got a job working for an auditing company in downtown Salt Lake where I'm still at today. Nathan went to school part time while working and was able to get his BS in Business Administration and he is currently working for Fidelity Investments as a Licensed Financial Rep/Stock Broker/guy who gets handle other people's million dollar assets (how would it be to be rich.......) We recently built a new home in Saratoga Springs which we love, but since we both work downtown the commute time reallys blows.

As far as our family goes, we were blessed to have our little mini-Nathan (aka Ethan) in November 2005. I can't believe he will be 3 this year. We are also expecting a little girl here in about 10 days (not that I'm counting or anything....) whom we're planning to name Derin. Since we'll have one of each, Nathan would be fine being done, but 2 just won't cut it for me. I would like 4, but I think we'll probably compromise and have one more after this. I would love to eventually be able to stay at home with my kids and take on the "home maker" title, but for now I don't mind working, especially since I couldn't ask for a more flexible job. You can learn more about our little family by checking out my poorly kept up blog at http://www.binghamworld.blogspot.com/.

I know high school was a horrible experience for some people (and I truly hope I had nothing to do with those experiences) but I have to say that I LOVED HIGH SCHOOL! (especially sr. year) Though there are a few things I regret, it was generally good times. I loved doing drama and the various plays, going to football/basketball/baseball games (don't know why not many people went to baseball games - Nichole and I used to have a blast), slamming Dustin Sharp's locker on him multiple times a day, getting advice from Ty Wakefield in between classes, Justin Gee and I always opting not to switch partners in Social Dance and getting busted by Gardner for it, and of course, the infamous day when Weston decided to literally leave his mark on Emery High with his front teeth. (wonder if his autograph is still visible around the marks on the floor.......)

I'm hoping to come to the reunion, unless this baby decides to stay put and come late, so we'll see you all in August!

1 comment:

nmg said...

Oh my favorite back fence neighbor! It's so good to read an update. And I love the name Derin by the way. I am so glad that you introduced me to the love of baseball games because I went to one years later at SUU and got to play with some guy's monkey-an actual monkey! My facination with them have grown ever since, all thanks to baseball games!