Monday, July 7, 2008

Cammie (Peacock) Pollastro


Ten Years? Really? I thought ten year reunions were for "old" people. It's hard to believe that ten years has come and gone.

After high school I went to CEU for a year where I met my husband, Christian. We were married in May 1999. We graduated from CEU in May of '99 as well, and moved to Salt Lake to attend the University of Utah. We both graduated from the U in December 2001. His degrees are in Business Marketing and Computer Information Systems, and he is currently the Merchandise Manager for Costco (no, we don't get any discounts). My degree is in Mass Communications: Public Relations. I worked for the University of Utah for eight years doing various jobs and working as a consultant and a business process analyst within the Student Services department. I recently changed jobs and took a part-time position with the University Hospital where I manage and coordinate projects for the Education and Development Department.

In July 2003 my daughter Cali was born and Carter followed in November 2005. My days are filled with Hannah Montana songs, cars, dinosaurs, chocolate milk, dress-ups, Disney Princesses, toy animals everywhere, and the occasional quiet moment. We live in Herriman Utah, and have enjoyed the past four years out here on border of city and country.

Most of my high school memories can be summed up by one (or two) mix tape(s). Remember, CD burners were not quite affordable, and mp3's were unheard of!

Grease Megamix - Olivia Newton John & John Travolta

California Love - 2Pac

Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion

Wonderwall - Oasis

Killing Me Softly - Fugees

Name - Goo Goo Dolls

Breakfast At Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something

Tha Crossroads - Bone thugs-n-harmony

Spiderwebs - No Doubt

1979 - Smashing Pumpkins

Time - Hootie and the Blowfish

Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

No Diggity - BLACKstreet

Wannabe - Spice Girls

Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band

MMMBop - Hanson

Mo Money Mo Problems - Notorious B.I.G.

The Impression That I Get - Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Men In Black - Will Smith

Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit - Gina G

The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe

How Bizarre - OMC

Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart) - Backstreet Boys

Push - Matchbox 20

I Don't Want To Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

Too Close - Next

Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith

As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet Boys

You're Still The One - Shania Twain

My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow

3 AM - Matchbox 20

Kiss The Rain - Billie Myers

Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground

Doo Wop (That Thing) Lauren Hill

Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden

Hopefully that brought some good old memories back! If you would like me to make you a mix tape of your own, email me cpollastro@msn.com. or leave a comment on my blog http://www.wildmeowzers.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cammie!
Love the playlist! Totally brought back memories. I think I need to get on itunes now and put together a little cd. So fun!

Mari said...

So I'm crashing your party here too but I have to comment on your mix tape! It rocks! At least it did 10 years ago :) I remember listening to "How Bizarre" over and over again on the way to Joe's Valley until we had it memorized. Yeah, were were so cool.

Carisa said...

Cam, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one playing with cars and Disney Princess' all day. Your family is so cute. Can't wait to catch up.