Monday, June 30, 2008

Carly (Davis) Simpson


Carly Davis (Soon-to-be-Simpson) After graduation I went to CEU and got my Associate's, then went into the Elementary Education program at the USU extension in Price. After graduation in 2002 I got a job teaching 5th grade at a charter school in Surprise, Arizona. Toward the end of my first year, I had my miracle son, Wesley, 16 weeks premature (1 lb. 5.6 oz; 12 inches long). He spent 4 1/2 months in the hospital and came home in July. He had a lot of problems initially, but the only long-lasting problem he has because of his prematurity is Hydrocephalus (extra spinal fluid in the brain). He has also been wearing glasses since he was 10 months old.

Over the next 3 years in Arizona I taught grades 3-8. I loved it there, but decided in May 2006 that it was time to come home and get my son (and myself) closer to our family. We came back in June of that year and I started my job teaching 4th grade at Lakeview Academy in Saratoga Springs. During that time I also met Tyler, the best significant other ever. He is going to the U, he wants to be an English teacher (I started dating him before I knew this; I swear I didn't know he was so much like my dad!). After a little over a year of dating, he proposed last November. We are getting married on October 10. I have a great little family. We live in Salt Lake and I still teach 4th grade. I love looking at the mountains every day! Wesley is now five and he starts Kindergarten this fall. He is a typical 5-year-old who cannot stop talking, has more energy than anyone I have ever known, loves dancing and water, and has the best contagious laugh. We do a lot of laughing in our little family, it's great! We are planning on coming to the reunion in August.

3 comments:

nmg said...

Hey Carly! Your son has got to be one of the cutest things that I have ever seen! So nice to hear that you are obviously happy and doing well. Congrats on the upcoming nuptials (you'll have to have your fiance spell check that last word for me because Engligh is not my thing!).

Nakki said...

AND...can I mention that EC Progress has never been the same after your father left!

nancy said...

Thanks for giving us the heads up on docs here in AZ! We love it here. I still can't get over how much Wesley looks like Bernie Jo